||Mark D. Walters MD, Mickey M. Karram MD, James L. Whiteside, MD, MA, Beri Ridgeway, MD, and Ahmed Mahdy, MD
Registration now open
Download the full Program Brochure.
Course Tuition: $5,000 USD
- 5 days, limited to 14 participants
- 2 days live surgery with Drs. Karram showing a variety of vaginal cases for pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence with and without mesh augmentation, as well as techniques used to manage a variety of pelvic floor surgical complications.
- 1.5 days of cadaver dissection and surgeries with 6 – 7 cadavers. The cadaver lab will demonstrate pelvic anatomy including sacrospinous dissection, trans-vaginal sutured repairs, trans-vaginal mesh repairs, sacral colpopexy, slings, Burch, sacral nerve stimulation, and cystoscopy. Each surgeon will get personal instruction, practice time, and assessment of skills.
- 1 day discussing techniques and interpretation of urodynamic testing, cystoscopy, bulking agents, Interstim, physical therapy, and clinical decision-making.
- Didactics to include:
- Evaluation of prolapse with POP-Q, and urinary incontinence
- Assessment of clinical outcomes for prolapse and incontinence repairs
- Basics of urodynamic testing and cystourethroscopy
- Selection of patients for surgery
- Deep vaginal and pelvic anatomy and dissection techniques
- Sutured trans-vaginal prolapse surgery techniques
- Principles and techniques for laparoscopic reconstructive surgery
- Principles and indications of vaginal mesh use
- Sling surgery techniques
- Trans-vaginal prolapse techniques with mesh
- Retropubic and pre-sacral anatomy and techniques of sacral colpopexy and Burch
- Principles and techniques of uterine preservation for prolapse surgery
- Cystoscopy instruments, techniques, and pathology
- Management of sling and vaginal mesh complications
- Prevention and treatment of occult SUI in prolapse patients
- Sacral nerve anatomy and neuromodulation techniques
- Fecal incontinence evaluation and repair
- Case discussions and videos, interactive with all faculty
- Board-style question and answer sessions
- Principles of Informed Consent for prolapse repairs and slings, with handouts
- Certificate of Education